Specialized in construction using straw bales
Type: Vocational course
Duration: 6 months (320 total hours)
Structure: Classroom lessons and workshop practice
Entry Requirements: Minimum level of literacy; Aptitude for manual work
Certificate: Certificate of Attendance (Scuola Radio Elettra Diploma)
Issued by: Scuola Radio Elettra
Location: Enugu, N 23 Umanano Street
The course for straw bale construction technicians enables students to acquire the basic knowledge which allows them to build in an environmentally friendly, sustainable, and economic way, with a high index of energy saving, low environmental impact and using local resources.
The course also teaches the construction of buildings for housing or for social purposes (kindergartens, schools, meeting rooms, etc).
- Introduction: why use straw bales?
- The different construction techniques
- Foundations, elevation walls, partition walls, electrical and plumbing systems
- The regulations
- Costs and duration
- The coats and the various techniques for isolation
- Straw renovations
- The prefabricated straw bale
- The plasters earthen and lime
- Common mistakes that are done building with straw bales